Town Officials Workshops – May 2019
Following the spring elections in odd numbered years, UW-Extension’s Local Government Center working in conjunction with the Wisconsin Towns Association coordinates and delivers a series of day-long programs designed to help orient both new and continuing town officials.
In May 2019, topics include Powers and Duties of Town Officials, Budget and Finance Basics, Open Meetings Law, Fundamentals of Town Road Operations, Open Meetings Law, Ethics for Town Officials, Local Bridge Program Administration and Oversight 2019, Medley of Town Topics: Answers to Common Questions, Getting Started with Grants, Wisconsin’s Fence Law, and Public Records Issues and Answers. Parallel sessions are held for new and continuing town board members. Workshops will be held around the state in Barneveld, Green Bay, Madison, Minocqua, Stevens Point, Tomah, Rice Lake, Cable, and Eau Claire.
Registration is by U.S. Mail through the Wisconsin Towns Association. The registration form is part of the 2019 Town Officials Workshops brochure, which also includes locations and dates. Download the 2019 Town Officials Workshops brochure.
Town officials who attended these workshops in past years have commented:
- “Great information and very knowledgeable presenters!”
- “Always a good refresher on this topic.” (Open Meetings)
- “I will use this information to do the right thing the first time.” (Ethics)
- “A lot of great information and helpful for a new town official.”
- “Good information–heavy at times but necessary–good presenter.” (Powers and Duties of Town Officials)
- “Who thought Open Meetings Law could be fun?!”
(PDF file, 183 kb, 2 pages)
Archived Town Officials Workshops Information
- 2017 Program (PDF file, 594 kb, 2 pages) – 737 participants attended in 2017.
- 2015 Program (PDF file, 578 kb, 2 pages) – 856 participants attended in 2015.
- 2013 Program (PDF file, 778 kb, 2 pages) – 1,064 participants attended in 2013.
- 2011 Program (PDF file, 778 kb, 2 pages) – 1,059 participants attended in 2011.
- 2009 Program (PDF file, 1.3 Mb, 2 pages) – 1,206 participants attended in 2009.
- 2007 Program (PDF file, 139 kb, 2 pages) – 1,520 participants attended in 2007.
- 2005 Program (PDF file, 52 kb, 2 pages) – 1,121 participants attended in 2005.
- 2003 Program (PDF file, 30 kb, 2 pages) – 1,170 participants attended in 2003.